Monday, March 21, 2011

Sam, Abby, Tom, Rachel, Ben, Harry, Maddy & Brandon Mull

Friday I went the the Provo City Library for an hour for this:




Because I knew this group


And Maddy and Rachel

 

And Abby



Have all read this series:




Fablehaven

I read the first one, pretty scary!  But hard to put down.  I think Abby is reading the third one, probably finished now and on to four and five. Sam is reading the third one  too.

Mr. Mull was entertaining.  He'll be a great visiting author for school. 
  

A World Without Heroes (Beyonders)

What if a word could save the world?  The perfect word, and only one word?  When Jason enters Lyrian (through the mouth of a hippo, did I mention Mr. Mull has a sense of humor?) he finds himself in a land unlike anything he's  ever imagined.  There he meets Rachel, a girl from our world mysteriously transported to Lyrian.  Together they try to find the way home and save Lyrian.

Beyonders will be a three books series.  Inspired by the Narnia series by C. S. Lewis, the books Mr. Mull credits for making him a reader, Lyrian is a world you might enter through deep caves, stone arches, or even a hollowed out log.  Mr. Mull explains that the stories he writes are "like a playground in my mind."  Fantasy, magic, wizards, heroes, they are all here in Brandon Mull's new world.  

Mr. Mull signs the book for Grandma lu


And he smiles while he writes!



Thanks to my new friend Landon for taking a photo of me with Mr. Mull!

 

Book came out Tuesday, brought it home with me after the program.  On chapter two and holding my breath to see what happens next.  Haven't met Rachel yet.  Maybe chapter three, just scanned, she doesn't appear until chapter five.  Have to read that far tonight.   

To watch the trailer for his new book click here:   BEYONDERS A WORLD WITHOUT HEROES .

Finished the book.  Great suspense, and I love the humor amid all the scary, treacherous, obstacles as Rachel and Jason search for each syllable of the word that will destroy the evil wizard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment